Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion System made of Titanium with PLASMAPORE® coating
The PROSPACE® implant is a solid titanium block used for stabilization of the lumbar and thoracic spine through a posterior approach, monosegmental or multisegmental. The implant is mantled with the proven PLASMAPORE® coating to increase the contact area between implant and endplate and to expedite a solid osteointegration. PROSPACE® stands for primary stability, restoration of the natural lumbar lordosis and long-term maintenance of the spinal balance. Combined with reliable and easy to use instrumentation PROSPACE® is the solution for a successful thoracolumbar interbody fusion.
- Experience for many years and continous development since the product launch in 1995
- PROSPACE® Titanium and S4® Spinal System meet the requirements for a 3-column-stabilization
- Wide range of implant sizes presenting the right implant to fit the patient
- Simple and clearly arranged instruments
- PLASMAPORE® coating for high primary and secondary stability
- Straight implant design for minimal retraction of the dura and nerve roots
- Lordotic implant design to restore the natural lordosis in all levels for the spinal balance
- Uniform load sharing on a large contact area to avoid subsidence of the implant
- Short lengths for not completely reduced spondylolisthesis cases
- Firm connection to the inserter by means of a screw thread
Thoracolumbar spine fusion in case of:
Degenerative instability, spondylolisthesis, post-discectomy syndrome und post-traumatic instabilities.
- Radiological Comparison of Instrumented Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion With One or Two Closed-Box Plasmapore Coated Titanium Cages. Follow-up Study Over More Than Seven Years., Stefan Kroppenstedt, MD, Martin Gulde, MD, and Robert Schönmayr, MD, PhD; SPINE Volume 33, Number 19, pp 2083-2088, 2008