Choose a category or subcategory
1.2 µm infusion filter for lipid emulsions
Inline IV filter for connection to an IV set for
- retention of particles and fungi
- elimination of air
By using B. Braun IV filters the overall complication rate could be reduced by 10%. Using IV filters also makes sense financially: the length of ICU stay can be decreased by almost one day / patient which represents a 23% drop – a substantial economic advantage because additional patients a year can be admitted. In a study, this led in turn to an increase in revenue because no patients had to be turned away due to lack of capacity.1,2
Supor® membrane 1.2 µm, effective filtration area 10 cm2 made out of Polyethersulfone (PES)
- helps to prevent particulate contamination by retaining particles > 1.2 µm 3
- reduces microbiological contamination by retaining fungi4
- reduces the risk of medication error. Solid particles > 1.2 µm occurring from incompatibility reactions are retained by the IV filter membrane 3
- Blockage of filter membrane can be an alarming signal for an incompatibility reaction which could have severe clinical consequences for the patient when being infused.
- low protein binding 5
- allows passage of lipids 3
Venting function - two 0.02 μm hydrophobic PTFE-membranes to
- reduce the risk of air embolism regardless position of filter. The hydrophobic characteristic of the membrane blocks the passage of air and successfully vents the excess air out of the system 3
- Connections at both sides of the filter with luer lock fittings
- Tubing diameter: 2.0 x 4.1 mm (PVC, DHP-free)
- Total set length: 31 cm
- Priming volume filter housing: 2.4 ml
- Filling volume (incl. tubing): 3.46 ml
- Flow rate (aqua dist.): 100 ml/min
- Pressure resistant up to 2 bar (Burst pressure filter housing 3.1 bar)
- Use of filter for up to 24h
The device can be used for all patients for which infusion therapy is prescribed. No gender or age related limitations. Intrapur® Lipid can be used for adults, pediatric and neonates.
1 Jack, T; Sasse, M. et al: In-line filtration reduces severe complications and length of stay on pediatric intensive care unit: a prospective, randomized, controlled trial, 2012.
2 Review of Study from Jack, T.; Sasse, M. et al: In-line filtration reduces severe complications and length of stay on pediatric intensive care unit: a prospective, randomized, controlled trial, by Bettina Döbereiner, 2013.
3 Engineering data on file.
4 PALL / Harreld L.A., Bruey, J., Blazo, D.R., Sevick, S.H.: Retention of Candida albicans by Pall Medical air-eliminating filter devices containing 1.2 μm Supor™ PES membrane.
5 PALL / Sevick, S.: Compatibility of various pharmaceutical agents with Pall Supor intravenous filter devices, 1999.
IV Filter - Animation of Working Principle