What exactly are cookies?
Are cookies bad?
There is no absolute answer to this question. It depends which website data the cookies store or don't store and for what this information is ultimately used. You can think of cookies as a tool, for example a hammer or saw. In principle they are intended to be helpful, but they can also be put to negative use. Therefore it is worth differentiating and deciding which cookies are necessary and important for you personally, and which should not be saved. You should then adjust the cookie settings on your end device accordingly.
What are cookies actually needed for?
Cookies are supposed to make the user's visit to a website easier and more user-friendly. For example, with online shopping they allow the website to "remember" which products you had in your basket when you call up the page again, or they ensure your preferred layout and font size are automatically displayed.
However, not all cookies are useful and exclusively for the benefit of the user. For example, tracking cookies are used to monitor your behaviour on websites and to place advertising accordingly, or to make websites more user-friendly. It is therefore important to think about which cookies you should allow and which you should refuse. To make this decision, it is helpful to know what types of cookie there are.
What types of cookie are there?
- Functional cookies are cookies that are absolutely necessary for essential functions of the website to work. Without these the website cannot be used as intended. Among other things, they ensure provision of the correct functionality when a page is changed from http to https and therefore that increased security requirements are met. These cookies collect anonymised information (no link to your identity can therefore be made) and they cannot monitor your movements on other websites. They are only stored for the duration of the session and therefore belong to the session cookies category. Your consent to the use of these cookies is not required.
- First-party cookies are, according to the legal definition, cookies that are not absolutely necessary for the use of a website. They do, however, perform important tasks that improve your browsing experience. For example, these cookies ensure that your chosen settings, such as language selection, are saved. The information they contain are only of use for the particular website.
- Performance cookies are cookies that collect information about the way a website is used by the visitor, namely, which page a user calls up most often and whether error messages are displayed. These cookies do not store any other information. They are used simply to increase user-friendliness and to tailor websites more specifically to the individual user. This information is also stored only in anonymised form.
- If third-party content is integrated in a website, the third-party provider can apply cookies even when you are not directly using its website. These cookies are called third-party cookies. These cookies can be used by the third party to store information about you as a user and to identify you when you visit its own website, in order to present you with a website tailored to you. This is possible for example if a YouTube video is embedded in a website.
- If cookies are used for marketing purposes, these are called marketing cookies. They are used to present the user with advertising that is relevant and tailored to him or her. They are also used to determine how often an advert appears and the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Where can I define my cookie settings?
You can stop cookies from being stored on your end device by selecting "do not accept cookies" in your browser settings. However, if you do refuse all cookies, this can result in the functional limitation of certain websites.
You can delete the cookies stored on your end device at any time. Please refer to the instructions for your browser or end device for detailed information on how to do this.
Which cookies are used on the B. Braun Vet Care website?
|JSESSIONID (session)||Preserves users states across page requests.||Essential Cookie|
cookiesConfirmed (1 day)
consentPerf (1 day)
consentMar (1 day)
|Saves the consent status of the user for cookies on the website. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website.||Essential Cookie|
|contentprotection (session)||Records whether a website visitor has logged into DocCheck. DocCheck is an authentication service used to make certain information under the German Law on Advertising in the Health Care Sector accessible only to specialist medical personnel. If a user is logged into DocCheck, they can view all information on the website which is protected by DocCheck.||Essential Cookie|
|saml_request_path (1 day)||Saves the login status for My B. Braun in order to allow single sign on to applications.||Essential Cookie|
|affinity (session)||Ensures that the user always stays on the same instance of the system during a session, ensuring a consistent user experience.||Essential cookie|
s_vi (2 years)
s_fid (2 years)
demdex (179 days)
|AMCV_# (2 years)
|Adobe Marketing Cloud uses a cookie to store a visitor ID that is used across Marketing Cloud Solutions.||
|facebookOptoutCookie||Deactivation of Facebook conversion tracking||Marketing Cookie|
|linkedinOptoutCookie||Deactivation of LinkedIn Insights conversion tracking||Marketing Cookie|
|everest_g_v2 (2 years)
ev_sync_dd (2 years)
|Used for targeted ads and to document efficacy of each individual ad.||Marketing Cookie|
|_lfuuid (2 years)||This third party cookie allows the website to track visitor behavior on the sites on which the cookie is installed. Tracking is performed anonymously until a user identifies himself by submitting a form.||Marketing Cookie|
|IDE (1 year)||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user (Google Ads).||Marketing Cookie|
|test_cookie (15 minutes)||Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies (Google Ads).||Marketing Cookie|
Manage your cookie settings
You can individually manage your cookie settings for this website: